Wednesday, October 14, 2009

And God Knew

I don't usually do this but God showed me something awesome in His Word this morning so I thought I would share. Max and I are reading about Moses this week. We usually just read the story from a bible story book but today we were doing a craft and I wanted to put the actually words from the Bible on it so I went to Exodus 2 to read about Moses' mom putting him in the basket. While Max was working on the craft, I read ahead a little and found this...

"During those many days the king of Egypt died, and the people of Israel groaned because of their slavery and cried out for help. Their cry for rescue from slavery came up to God. And God heard their groaning and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the people of Israel-and God knew. " Exodus 2:23-25

God HEARD, God REMEMBERED, God SAW, God KNEW!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I have been groaning alot lately-sometimes for valid reasons but mostly just selfish reasons. It was a great comfort to my soul to be reminded that my AWESOME God hears me, He remembers me, He sees me, and He knows.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome...what a great reminder. He's so good to show us things like that just when we need it. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Thanks for posting.