Thursday, September 3, 2009

Is it June yet?



Working on his math lesson-We are using Saxon 1.

This is what it looked like after Max cleaned up-ALL BY HIMSELF!

This is what the school table looked like while he was working on his mask...

He painted a monster mask and some letters this week.

He loved this book and all the fun things we did with it!


Max sorted shapes and then turned them into a monster!


Bella played with some monsters, but she isn't one!


Max sorted and counted and made patterns with these monsters!

Max had to reach in the monsters mouth and get letter tiles so he could match upper and lower case letters.

Is it June yet?
Just kidding-I think! Well, we did it-Max and I have successfully had two weeks of kindergarten! And we have PERSEVERED!
I won't lie to you-this is hard, it is alot of work, and my house is a mess because I haven't figured out how to be teacher, mom, chef, laundress, and housekeeper. But we are slowly getting the hang of our schedule and I am pretty sure Max and I both had fun this week and learned!
Keep praying for us to persevere and most especially to keep our eyes on Jesus! (Max almost has Hebrews 12:1-2 memorized! Ask him about it the next time you see him!)

So here are a few pictures from our first two weeks-we've had school inside and out and this week was "Monster Week"-we have read and written about monsters, sorted and counted monsters, done monster art, and in case you think it was all fun-there's some pics of him doing math worksheets!

No comments: