We have had a fun and busy week here. Max and I have been at the Hazels while Dick went to Atlanta. Max has enjoyed watching the brick masons and painters and of course loves being with kids. He wants to do everything the big kids do(except apparently tell me when he has to go to the bathroom!) His favorite thing to do is carpool in the morning in the big van!
I relearned an important lesson this week-Beware the silent Max. Last night while I was cooking dinner he was quietly playing in the family room with Cate. I enjoyed the 20 minutes to myself only to discover what had been keeping him quiet! He was taking apart one of those things with a million nails that you can leave your handprint in!!! Little tiny nails and screws all over the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then while he was in the bath I was packing up the room. I should have known not to trust the silence-He had "played" with his shampoo bottle and dumped it all out into the bathtub! And it was a brand new bottle!!!! Needless to say he was very clean! AH the joys of Max.
Speaking of the joys, last Thursday night Max asked Jesus into his heart. We were reading a devotional about how God has a special book with our names in it. Max wanted to know if his name was in the book. We talked with him about asking Jesus into his heart and he immediately bowed his sweet head and prayed by himself. It was a very precious moment for Lee and I. We found out later that cousin Adam had also asked Jesus into his heart that night while reading the same devotional. Thanks Pappap and Nana for the great book!
Yesterday was Valentine's Day and on the way to the grocery store we saw a man selling flowers on the side of the road. Max asked if they were having a party and I explained the flowers were for men to buy for the women they loved("Train up a child in the way he should go.....":). Max thought for a moment and said "I need to buy some for you Mommy" What sweetie! Makes up for the destruction of toys and shampoo bottles!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment