Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A glimpse at Max's progress!

Max loves that we are learning about knights, kings, Crusades, and war.  I love that it has taken his imagination to a whole new place!
Max is really showing improvement in his reading.  We just read a book about Ella Fitzgerald and he loved listening to Jazz music and learning about Henri Matisse's Jazz art.  I love that he spent days creating his own "Jazz" art!


Max enjoys learning the Veritas Press Bible History Timeline Cards and I love that he is making so many connections between the timeline and other things he sees and hears.  I also LOVE that Bella has started to learn the cards and the handmotions!

Max is learning both US and European Geography.  I love that he can find the Czech Republic and a dozen other locations in Europe including rivers and mountains and that he works so hard during map time!
Max wrote his first journal entry today during his grammar lesson.  I love that he did this all by himself and that he loved writing so much that he disappeared into the play room and wrote three more sweet entries for FUN!

I like winter. I like playing in the snow and having coco.  And playing snowball, getting dad with snowball. The end

I like my dad because he and I play playstation when Bella is in her crib. The end

I like Bella because she laughs at me when I tickle her. She likes me and I like her too.  The end.
I like my mom because she teaches me how to read and write.  I love Mom so much because of that. The end

2 comments:

The Saunderses said...

I love Max's journal entries! Tell him Aunt Bekah is proud!

Heather said...

That's awesome, Jenny! Seeing your progress with Max is such an encouragement to me. :) Thanks for sharing!