Monday, May 17, 2010

Marine Corps Half Marathon

This is about 12 miles and I was exhausted and my calves were cramping but I was so very happy to see my family!!
My friend Sharon jumped in at mile 7 and ran the last few miles with us. I am so thankful for her encouragement and help! 
Mile 7
Yesterday I ran the Marine Corps Half Marathon in Fredericksburg-13.1 miles!  It was a fun but tough race.  The end of the race has 2 very steep hills and my legs pretty much gave out.  We walked most of the last three miles but we still finished in 3 hours and 21 seconds!  The very best part of this race was that I ran it with Lucy and Mary Rose Hazel.  They are incredible girls and I love them for doing this with me. The time spent running and training was such a blessing to me.  The night before the race we had a wonderful dinner at their house.  Lee and I both loved sitting at the table with all 8 Hazels and our family!  It feels great that I was able to finish this race and although I am having trouble moving today :) I think I am ready to sign up for another one!  Anyone want to run with me?

No comments: